(Originally Adopted 2/1/12)
Policy concerning Email advertising to members
It shall be the policy of the Moorestown Business Association (MBA), notwithstanding the publication of the membership directory, to not give out or in any other way make available the membership list of email addresses to any person or group, member or non-member.
It shall be the policy of the MBA as a service to its members and the community of Moorestown in general to accept and distribute advertisements and public notices as follows:
- All notices will be distributed on a “once a week” basis on a day deemed appropriate by the Board of Directors (BOD). So as to not be a nuisance to the members, all emails will be sent at the same time and on a consistent day of the week.
- All notices shall be submitted complete and ready to insert directly into an email. The staff of the MBA will not be responsible for preparation of artwork or any other preparation services. All notices and advertisements shall be submitted to the appropriate person or agency at least one week in advance of the publication date.
- The MBA shall collect and maintain a “public” and “private” email list for members. Each member shall have the option to give different email addresses for “private” and “public” emails. MBA will only send advertisements and notices to the “public” email address of a member. The “private” email address shall be reserved exclusively for the use of the MBA to transmit notices concerning the activities and business of the MBA.
- Members (including non-profit members) of the MBA shall be able to send a notice or advertisement to the membership for a fee of $25 per email per week.
- Non-members of the MBA shall be able to send a notice or advertisement to the membership for a fee of $75 per email per week.
- Non-member Non-profits, community organizations and the like shall be able to send a notice or advertisement to the membership for a fee of $50 per email per week.
- All Non-profits, community organizations and the like shall be able to send a notice or advertisement to the membership for a fee of zero per email per week provided that the event is offered at no charge; that the event is open to everyone without exception; and that the event serves the public good of Moorestown.
- MBA shall have the unilateral right to reject any email it feels, for any reason, that is not in the best interest of the MBA to send to its members. The decision of the MBA is final, there is no right of appeal and the President shall have the final authority.
- The BOD shall engage a person or firm to handle the email notices as required.
10. All payments for advertising and notices as provided for above shall be made by credit card on the MBA website. All payments are non-refundable.
Policy regarding membership fees paid “in kind” or bartered.
It shall be the policy of the MBA to accept in kind or barter type exchanges of membership fees and/or event sponsorships in whole or in part for goods and services, provided the business supplies goods or services needed by the MBA and is offered at a competitive rate. The provision shall be exercised at the discretion of the BOD which shall have no obligation to do so.
Policy regarding the solicitation of goods and services
It shall be the policy of the MBA to purchase goods and services from members whenever possible. In addition, when soliciting bids or proposals, the MBA shall only solicit proposals and bids from members whose normal business activity qualifies them to dispense the goods or provide the service requested. A minimum of two bids or proposals shall be obtained for every purchase in excess of $200.
If no qualifying businesses are available within the MBA membership or only one such bidder exists then the MBA shall look to outside vendors and contractors for proposals for the good or service. At the discretion of the BOD, the MBA may accept volunteer goods and services from anyone capable.
Policy regarding event sponsors and MBA membership
While it is the policy of the MBA to encourage all businesses and event sponsors to become members of the MBA, any business is free to provide sponsorship for an MBA event without becoming a member. It is noted that any cumulative sponsorship of $500 or more per calendar year entitles the sponsor to a free MBA membership for that year.
Policy regarding meetings and associated increases for “at the door” payment
The MBA shall use and maintain software for the purpose of announcing and registering for upcoming Membership Meetings and Business Networking Events. It shall be the policy of the MBA to announce upcoming meetings and events by email to the “private” email list and request RSVP replies. For lunch meetings with a required payment, it is in the interest of the MBA to secure as many advance reservations as possible and to limit as much as possible “pay at the door” attendees. The BOD may establish an alternate price for advance registration and for “pay at the door”. The “pay at the door” price is to be sufficiently higher to encourage advance registration but not so high as to discourage last minute attendance. Because the MBA will rely on the advance registration count to plan events, all advance registration payments will be non-refundable and the event notice shall so state.
Policy regarding guests brought to MBA membership meetings
It is the intention of the MBA to encourage as many business owners and employees of businesses as possible to join the MBA and participate in the affairs of the Association. To facilitate the introduction of new members to the Association, it shall be the policy of the MBA that members can and are encouraged to bring prospective new members to a monthly meeting and can do so “free of charge”. This is intended to be a “one-time” exemption and is not intend